[Dhsbb-jazz] Re: Coconut Grove takes on a Mardi Gras twist

dhsbb-jazz at mailman.dcn.org dhsbb-jazz at mailman.dcn.org
Sun Dec 11 20:46:20 PST 2005

 COCONUT GROVE TAKES ON A MARDI GRAS TWIST  - February 25th 2006, 5 -9 pm at the DHS MPR

This year's Coconut Grove will have a Mardi Gras flavor. We will host a family friendly event with Cajun style food. The evening's fun will include a raffle, silent and live action. The event will feature jazz music by the DHS Jazz band and other local jazz bands. The event raises money for the entire band program and is the biggest fundraiser of the year. We still need lots of help to make this event a sucess. Sign up to help in the lobby at the Winter Concert on Thursday (15th Dec) or email you job preference to one of the organizers below.

We need volunteers for:

Main Dish :  6 people needed. Time commitment 2-4 hours. Help organize main dish  from caterer. Supervise student workers at event.

Dessert makers: 40 people needed.  Time commitment of 2 hours or less. Buy or make a dessert to serve 12+ people.

Phone Tree:15 people needed. Time commitment of 1-2 hours. Be responsible for calling 10 people to coordinate donations, sponsors etc.

General volunteers: 10 people needed. Time commitment 2-4 hours. Help with set up, clean up or other jobs as needed.

Sponsors: This year we are requesting all our band families help support the band program by either donating two items for the auction or becoming  a family or business sponor for the event. Suggested donations for a family sponsor are $50, $100, $250, while business sponsors can donate $100, $250, $500 or $1000. All donations are tax deductible and the sponsors names will be listed on the program if desired. Any sponsor of $250 or more can also have their name posted on a table centerpiece if they like.

Reservations: Make your reservations early. By January 31, Adults $15, Students $12,   By  February 17th, Adults $20, Students $16, After February 18th, Adults $25, Students $20.  Tickets for Performers $5,  Under 5 free.

See the attachment for a form to send in donations, sponsorships and reservations.

Thanks for your help,
Coconut Grove Chairs
Sally Borges  sallyraedvm at sbcglobal.net
Sharon Carlton scarlton at carltons.org