[Dhsbb-jazz] October Band Booster announcements

dhsbb-jazz at mailman.dcn.org dhsbb-jazz at mailman.dcn.org
Thu Oct 6 20:46:49 PDT 2005

Dear DHS Band students and parents-

1) DHS Band Car Washes: Oct 8 and Oct 15
Mr Lange and I have decided that we would have better participation in the DHS Band Car Washes on Saturday, Oct 8 and Saturday, Oct 15 if students knew that their effort and time would directly benefit their own student accounts (saving toward their Spring Trip).

Therefore, the total amount of money we make at each Car Wash will be divided into the accounts of those students who work at that carwash.
Each student shift represents 2 hours.  Be sure to sign in and out with the parent volunteer in charge of your shift.  (Look for the one with the clipboard.)
Since the Car Washes will be held from 8 am- 12 noon, students may work up to 2 shifts per Saturday.  Shifts run from 8-10 am or from 10 am-12 noon.
Students from any of the 3 DHS Bands (Concert, Symphonic, Jazz) may work any shift at either Car Wash.
This fundraiser will only benefit the accounts of those students who participate.

We have a few parent volunteers for Oct 15, but we really need some parent volunteers for this Saturday's (Oct 8) Car Wash from 8 am - 12 noon in the DJUSD Office parking lot (4th and B).

2)  Band Booster Meeting: Thursday, October 13
I also want to remind parents who were unable to attend our September Band Booster meeting, that Mr. Lange will award points to students for each parent that attends the October 13 Band Booster meeting at 7:30 pm in the Band Room.  This is a "first meeting" benefit.  Students whose parent/s attended the Sept. meeting have already been awarded their points, and will not receive additional points for the Oct. meeting.

Hope to see lots of you at the October Car Washes and the Oct. 13 Band Booster meeting!

Peace,
Doreen Conte