[Dhsbb-jazz] Monterey Festival this weekend

DHS Band Boosters - Jazz Band dhsbb-jazz at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Wed Apr 19 14:06:31 PDT 2006

Hi Jazz Band families-

  Well, it's time for the Monterey Jazz festival.  The band and combo have been working very hard, and are sounding wonderfully!
  There is a rehearsal for the Big Band on Wed., 4/19 from 8:00- 9:30 pm.

  I went to Jazz Band class yesterday, and had students sign up for their carpools and gave them an Info sheet for the trip.

  I will attach the Student Info sheet and the DHS Jazz Band cell phone list to this letter. Please be sure that students and parents read the Info Sheet.  Thanks.

  The students, chaperones, and director will be staying at the
  Monterey Marriott   350 Calle Principal, Monterey   (831) 649-4234

  The festival performances and clinics will be in the Portola Plaza hotel, which is attached to the Marriott by a courtyard.  The big band performance venue is right across from the concierge desk of the Portola Plaza hotel.  Ask at this desk for info on the location of the Combos performance venue.

  DHS performance times are:
  Combo 1 @ 11:30 am
  Big Band @ 3 pm
  Call back performances for the top 3 big bands will be after dinner on Saturday evening (starting around 7 pm.)  There are no call backs for the combos.

  Here are the Carpool arrangements:
  Driver: Dickey/Scarr (Departing @ 2 pm)
  Sam Dickey, China Swanson

  Driver: Carlton (Departing @ 2 pm)
  Sterling Carlton, Michelle Rabowsky, Colin Borges

  Driver:Mann (Departing @ 2:30 pm)
  Cory Mann, Laura Roach

  Driver: Jones/Reed) (Departing @ 2:30 pm)
  Morgan Jones, Brian Thompson, Alex Barnett, Chris Stansell and Vibraphone

  Driver: Haberman (Departing @ 2:30 pm)
  Aviel Haberman, Katie Fyhrie, Jonathon Kelly, Robert Matlock, Steve Rose

  Driver: Pettygrove (Departing @ 2:45 pm)
  Grace Pettygrove

  Driver: Chuck (Departing @ 3:15 pm)
  Tyler Chuck, Alex Reiff

  Driver: Conte (Departing @ 3:45 pm)
  Paul Conte, Benny Amon, Andy Voss

  Driver: Theg (Departing @ 3:45 pm)
  Alex Theg, Alex Hartnett and Bari Sax?

  Driver: O'Keefe (Departing @ ?)
  David O'Keefe and Bass and Bari Sax?

  My cell phone # is (530) 902-3649.  Call me if you are running late to meet your carpool on Friday and I will make adjustments.

  Will the Thegs and O'Keefes please confirm with me who will transport the Bari Sax?
  Also, if the Jones' car is too crowded with the vibraphone plus 4 students, we may need to move some students over to the Mann's or the Pettygrove's cars.

  I will be seeing off all the carpools and giving the drivers the students' permission slips, the required driver's form, cell phone lists, room reservation lists for the Marrriott, and mapquest directions to the Marriott.

  I think that's it!
  I will see all the drivers and students on Friday.
  Any parents coming down separately on Saturday can get festival info at
  www.montereyjazzfestival.org   Click on the Next Generation Festival.
  When you get to Portola Plaza, check at the Concierge desk for venue locations.

  Hope everyone enjoys the festival.  We're so proud of our musicians!
  Peace,
  Doreen