[Dhsbb-jazz] TARGET PROTEST

DHS Band Boosters - Jazz Band dhsbb-jazz at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Fri Aug 11 16:16:53 PDT 2006

  This is Sterling Carlton an alumni of the Davis High School Band Program,

  I would like to clarify that the article that was run in the Enterprise is
incorrect. I was contacted and asked to put a group together and was not
aware that they would put it down as the Davis High Jazz Band. The group
that would have been playing would have consisted of alumni from the band
program but is NOT in any way affiliated with the band program. The band
program does not take part in anything political and I am very sorry for the
confusion. I have cancelled due to the fact that I do not feel it is
appropriate for us to perform at this time. I am sorry for the
misunderstanding.

  Sterling Carlton