[Dhsbb-jazz] Monterey, Reno, Parents' Mtg, Capitol Jazz Project

dhsbb-jazz at mailman.dcn.org dhsbb-jazz at mailman.dcn.org
Wed Feb 22 16:18:20 PST 2006

Attention Jazz Band Parents:
What wonderful news, that our big band and combo 1 have qualified for the Monterey Next Generation Jazz Festival (April 21-23)!
  CONGRATULATIONS to all our students and director, Mr Lange.

  The Reno Jazz Festival trip has been approved by the DJUSD Board of Education.  So, we're on schedule to travel to Reno on April 27 and return to Davis on April 30.  We have 2 combos and the big band entered to compete in this festival (either Apr 28 or 29).

   Peter and Janet Matlock will be hosting a meeting for all Jazz Band parents at their home (1115 Radcliffe) at 7:30 pm on Monday, March 6.
It is essential that at least one parent of each Jazz Band student attends this mtg,
as arrangements for the Reno and the Monterey Jazz Festivals will be finalized.

  I need one or two Jazz Band parents to assume responsibility for making our Monterey hotel group arrangements and organizing the carpools to Monterey.

  All parents: please bring your check books to this meeting.  Treasurer, Dennis Edgerley, has prepared financial account statements for all DHS Band students and inserted them into the March Band Booster newsletter, which you should all be receiving next week.  Any funds that Jazz Band students have accumulated over the cost of the San Diego trip, can be applied to their Jazz Band trip expenses.  As with all DHS Band trips, financial aid is available to any student needing assistance.  Please speak directly to Mr. Lange, and your request will be confidentially processed by the Band Booster Treasurer.

  Please remind your students to e-mail me regarding their availability for evening practice sessions with Mike McMullin/Joe Gilman.  (Mar 6, Mar 23, Mar 27).  I spoke to them in Jazz Band class last week about this.  I've heard back from 9 students so far.

  Thanks for your attention to the important info in this e-mail.
                                Peace, Doreen Conte     doreenconte at yahoo.com