[Dhsbb-jazz] Jazz Band parents' mtg and Capital Jazz Project working session

dhsbb-jazz at mailman.dcn.org dhsbb-jazz at mailman.dcn.org
Mon Feb 27 15:09:54 PST 2006

Hi Jazz Band students and parents-

  Great job at Coconut Grove/Mardi Gras!  Thanks to everyone for their efforts in making it a fun and successful event.

  Monday, March 6 @ 7:30 pm:  Jazz Band Parents Meeting at the Peter and Janet Matlocks' home (1115 Radcliffe).  We request that at least one parent per student attend.  We will be filling out the necessary permission slips and drivers' forms for the two spring jazz festival trips   (Monterey Next Generation festival is Apr 21-23 and
  Reno Jazz festival is Apr 27-30).  Please bring your student's health insurance info, your driver's license, registration, a copy of your auto insurance card, and your checkbooks, so we can finalize our plans for these two trips.

  Costs involved for the trips will range from approximately $60 plus meals for Monterey(2 night stay) to approximately $175 plus meals for the Reno trip (this amt includes Amtrak tix and 3 nights' lodging)  Students can use funds left in their fundraising accounts for these trips.  As with all DHS Band trips, financial assistance is available for students requesting it. (Please talk directly to Mr Lange to request aid.)

  We need drivers for the Monterey trip, as all students and instruments will be transported in carpools.  At the mtg, we'll present lodging options for parents.  Students will be staying at Portola Plaza hotel (This is also where the festival performance venues are.)

  Capital Jazz Project working session (all Jazz band students are expected to attend) with Mike McMullen and Joe Gilman will be  on Thursday, March 23 from 7:30-9:30 pm in the Band Room.
  Capital Jazz Project Concert is on Sunday, March 26 at 7 pm in the IPAB Theater.

  Peace, Doreen Conte