[Dhsbb-jazz] Change in listserv posting procedure

dhsbb-jazz at mailman.dcn.org dhsbb-jazz at mailman.dcn.org
Fri Jan 20 14:48:38 PST 2006

Dear DHSBB listserv users,

Unfortunately the spammers have discovered the DHSBB listservs.  I
have been getting in excess of 20 spam messages a day advertising
pirated software and various other spam messages.

To combat this I have made the following adjustment.  From now on, if
you wish to post to a list, you must now be subscribed to that list.
Cross-posting to lists you are  not subscribed to will now be
rejected by the listserv software.

For those needing to cross-post announcements to all the DHSBB lists,
I suggest you post to the list you are subscribed to and send a copy
to me at my address below requesting that I post to the other lists.
As an alternative, for the few of you who anticipate the need for
numerous cross-posted announcements, I can subscribe you to all the
lists.  Be advised, however, that you will then receive three or four
duplicate messages.

I apologize for the cumbersome work-around, but at present there is
no other solution.

Cheers,
RHB
DHSBB listserv manager

Rhio H. Barnhart
Head of the Music Department Library
Systems Manager for Music
University of California, Davis, CA 95616
(530)752-8716   FAX (530) 752-0983
rhbarnhart at ucdavis.edu