[Dhsbb-jazz] End of Year Jazz Band Party

DHS Band Boosters - Jazz Band dhsbb-jazz at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Mon May 22 15:29:13 PDT 2006

Definitely!

Willa Pettygrove AICP
Bowman Grove Community Service Planning
530-753-6808
FAX 530-750-0975
-----Original Message-----
From: dhsbb-jazz-bounces at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
[mailto:dhsbb-jazz-bounces at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us] On Behalf Of DHS
Band Boosters - Jazz Band
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:51 AM
To: JazzBand Listerv; Fred Lange
Subject: [Dhsbb-jazz] End of Year Jazz Band Party

Hello everyone-

The After-Concert Pizza Party will be at the Contes' house on June 9th
immediately following the Jazz On A Summer's Eve concert.  Both students
and parents are welcome to stop by for pizza and beverage.

Is there any Jazz Band family out there who would be willing to host the

End of the Year Jazz Band party?  It would be helpful to have this
afternoon
(4-6 pm, 5-7pm, or 6-8 pm) party in a large backyard: a swimming pool
would be ideal.
Best dates would be: June 10, 11, 24, or 25.

In the past, this has been a pot luck, where each section brings a
different course.
For example, Trumpets bring salads; Trombones bring beverages; Saxes
bring a protein dish; Rhythm section brings dessert.

We will invite the Jazz Band members and parents from 2005-06 and the
incoming 2006-07 members and parents.  It's a time to celebrate a
wonderful year for our Jazz Band and to welcome the newcomers.  A short
group discussion with Mr. Lange regarding decisions/plans for the
Monterey Jazz Festival (mid-Sept 2006) and the upcoming school year will
be included during the afternoon's gathering.

Please contact me if you can volunteer to host this party.
I will help you with planning, invitations, RSVPs, supplies, tables,
etc.
We just need a larger space than my backyard.
Thanks so much!

Peace,
Doreen
  _____