[Dhsbb-jazz] Band Boosters Car Wash Report

DHS Band Boosters - Jazz Band dhsbb-jazz at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Mon Oct 9 16:05:39 PDT 2006

An  energetic group of over fifty students and parents showed up for the
first of three band car washes this past Saturday and raised $1,100.  The
event was so popular  that we had to turn away customers at the end of the
morning.  Anyone driving by the intersection of 5th and B Streets was
greeted by our enthusiastic barkers hoisting brightly colored car wash
signs and blue and white balloons.   A wide variety of dirty cars and
trucks were treated to a thorough vacuum, sudsy wash, refreshing rinse,
and finally a meticulous drying and window cleaning.  Pat Lange (a
completely unbiased consumer) gave us the "thumbs up" and was quick to
point out that the students even cleaned the underside of her car's rear
spoiler - a place that previous car washes ignored.

A hearty congratulations to all of the students and parents who really
hustled to work as a team and move the many cars through the line. Images
of Susan Hulsizer directing traffic and valeting fancy red sports cars and
Sue Viguie using her elbow grease to get every window spotless are still
dancing in my mind.  Thanks to all those who brought the delicious snacks
and co-coordinator Michael O'Brien & Lisa Yamauchi for donating the
balloons along with numerous car washing supplies.   Special thanks to
Steve and Mary Kay Williams, Peter Matlock, and Dennis Edgerley whose
presence and support were invaluable.

Next car washes:  Saturday, October 14th and Saturday, October 28th from
8am-12noon.
Please encourage your students to sign up to work and be sure to bring all
of your dirty cars by for Northern California's best wash!
We'll make these two even better than the first by providing music and
also trying to sell some tickets at the Farmers Market.

Co-coordinator John Chuck
Cell 400-6178