[Dhsbb-jazz] Dress blacks for Disneyland

DHS Band Boosters - Jazz Band dhsbb-jazz at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Sat Mar 10 18:02:25 PST 2007

We’re getting closer to our departure date for our DHS Bands Spring Tour to
Disneyland.  Just a quick reminder about dressing for the Disney performances.

The Disney event organizers are very strict on performance dress.  They
require that performers must have a uniform and well-groomed look while
performing on their stages.  During our trip to Disneyland, the DHS
Combined Band, which includes the Symphonic, Concert, and 20 Crossover Jazz
Band students, will perform in Disneyland and California Adventure.  All
Combined Band students must follow the dress requirements listed below or
your student may not be able to perform:

Men:    Tux or black suit, or black coat and black slacks, white shirt,
black bow tie, black sox and nice black shoes (NO athletic shoes or
flip-flops, NO T-shirts, and NO black jeans).

Women:  Black dress with sleeves – it can be long, tea length or short (but
no more than 2” above the middle of the knee when seated) or black top with
sleeves and black skirt (or black slacks, but NO black jeans), hosiery a
must, black shoes (all short skirts require black tights).  No tops that
reveal the midriff.  (NO athletic shoes or flip-flops and NO T-shirts)

Unacceptable Disney performance costuming standards include:  athletic
shoes, sandals, any color denim, T-shirts, sunglasses, mini skirts, and
other revealing styles, tattered clothing (anything with holes or tears),
any clothing that suggest the portrayal of any personality or mascot.

Please remember to pack the dress blacks in a travel garment bag with the
student’s name printed on the outside.  These bags will be on and off the
buses several times during our trip.  We recommend that all the pieces of
the performance-wear be packed in one garment bag including black dress
shoes, bow-tie, and black socks or hose minimizing loss of these items as
students will change into casual wear after their performances at Disneyland.

There are only 4 Jazz Band students ((James. Tyler, Anton, and Alex) who
will not need dress blacks because they strictly perform only with the Jazz
Band. However, they and all other Jazz Band students are required to bring
and wear their Jazz Band uniforms for their performances at Disneyland and
Fullerton Jazz Festival.

-Laurel Fagan

(530)758-9056