[Dhsbb-jazz] great public service opportunity

DHS Band Boosters - Jazz Band dhsbb-jazz at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Wed May 9 09:26:15 PDT 2007

The DHS Young Musicians Outreach Club (YMOC) and the DHS Pep Band are
teaming up for the first time to help bring music to underprivileged
kids.  Taylor Street Elementary School in Sacramento lacks a music
program, as do all other schools in its district.  The YMOC has taken
it upon themselves to provide both general music appreciation as well
as basic music skills to the kids at this school.  As part of the
music appreciation program, the DHS Pep Band has been asked to play
at the school on Thursday, May 17.  The program runs from 1 p.m. to
2:40 p.m., so those who participate and have a 7th period will need
to be excused.  We will also need to provide our own transportation,
as the event is not through the high school.  All those who are
interested need to come talk to me in the coming week so we can firm
up attendance for this event.  It would be a great show of public
service for the Pep Band if we can make this work, and that requires
as much participation as possible.  Please let me know if you can
make it.  Talk to me at school, or contact me via e-mail at
jabrazil07 at aol.com.  Again, I hope you all can participate!
Jack Brazil
Pep Band Director

Please do not send a "reply" or "reply all" message to this Listserv
message.
Respond directly to Jack jabrazil07 at aol.com