[Dhsbb-jazz] May 20th pizza party and help needed for Picnic and Pops concert

DHS Band Boosters - Jazz Band dhsbb-jazz at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Fri May 11 07:56:06 PDT 2007

My thanks to all who brought cookies to last night's Band Boosters' meeting!
The attendees included approximately 10 parents of 9th grade students who
will be joining the DHS bands next year. We are still looking to fill
several key Band Booster positions -- including President, Fundraising
Chair, 2008 Spring Trip Coordinator, and Recording Secretary. Please contact
Peter Matlock at 792-7122, Laurel Fagan at 758-9056 or me at 757-2223 if you
can help with these or other positions.

At the meeting Laurel Fagan announced the Band students' pizza party will be
Sunday, May 20th, from 1-5 p.m. at Lamppost Pizza. This event is for the
Band students -- not students and their families.  A few parents will be
chaperones. Students will pay $5 each and the Band Boosters will pick up the
additional cost, if any, for the party. The pizza party is open to all DHS
band students and all 9th grade students who will be joining the DHS bands
next year.

Fred Lange requested the Band Boosters' logistical support for the Picnic
and Pops in the Park concert on Wednesday, May 30th. Mark Stephens agreed to
get the rental truck which is needed to transport the band instruments and
150 folding chairs. We need a few parents to take one- or two-hour shifts to
provide security for the truck and the band instruments at the Davis Central
Park (4th & C Streets) between 2:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.  If you can help,
please contact Rick Hoover at 750-0505 or by e-mail at
rhoover526 at sbcglobal.net

[Please do not "reply" or "reply all" to this Listserv message]

Steve Williams, co-President
stevewms at sbcglobal.net
(530) 757-2223