[Dhsbb-jazz] Fw: car wash fund raiser

J. Hamaguchi jhamaguchi at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 16 06:56:27 PDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "lesli chuck" <leslichuck at gmail.com>
To: "Jazz Band" <Dhsbb-jazz at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us>;
<dhsbb-friends at mailman.dcn.org>
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2007 10:49 PM
Subject: car wash fund raiser

The forecast calls for lots of rain this week which means your cars will be
quite dirty by the weekend.  Bring all of them to the Band Boosters car wash
this Saturday morning.  An enthusiastic group of students and parents will
be waiting for you from 8am to 12 noon at the 5th & B parking lot across
from the Farmers Market.  We'll vacuum your carpets, wash the exterior, and
clean your windows inside and out for dirt cheap ($5 for cars; $8 for vans
and SUVs).  Last weekend we made over $1000 for the spring band trip to
Vancouver, BC.  If everyone reading this email can get one hundred family
and friends to support the car wash, we're almost certain to set a world
record for Saturday morning car washes.  Let's make history this weekend in
Davis!

The students can sign up to work at the carwash, on the list in the band
room.  Money earned goes into individual student accounts.  If you are a
parent and would like to help supervise, contact John Chuck at
john.chuck at kp.org  Join the FUN!