[Dhsbb-jazz] Booster Meeting Wednesday, Sept. 12, 7:30p IPAB

DHS Band Boosters - Jazz Band dhsbb-jazz at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Mon Sep 10 11:03:07 PDT 2007

Welcome to the most enthusiastic and effective support group in our
community, the Davis High School Band Boosters. Now that your student
is an active member of the band, we hope you will take advantage of
this outstanding positive family experience. It is the opportunity to
join your son/daughter in the attainment of a mutual goal, something
you do not want to miss.

At a time when young people are making crucial decisions concerning
personal behavior, ethics, integrity, morals, and an array of vital
life choices, wouldn't you like to be around to have some influence
on their direction? Band parents enjoy this unusual vantage point,
and all of the band members benefit from such a healthy relationship.

Band parents are also integrated into every phase of the program.
They are not passive observers, or simply a polite sideline audience,
but active contributors in the daily operation of the program. The
ongoing success of our program is in direct proportion to the support
of our parents. We need you.

I often think there is as much pride in our band parent organization
as there is in the band itself. Many of our parent participants have
found hidden social benefits for their own growth and development.
Not only do our boosters work hand-in- hand with our band program,
but they relish the exchange with other parents who share a common
interest.

You may think there are not enough hours in the day to add one more
responsibility to your schedule. This is a legitimate consideration;
however, we are sensitive to the situation. You will find everyone is
willing to make the necessary accommodations so all parents can
become involved. It is a chance that will only come around once in
lifetime for your student.

Our first scheduled meeting is at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, September
12 in the IPAB Theater at Davis High School. Please mark this on your
calendar and plan to be with us for a brief get-together to meet our
veteran members and get a bird's-eye view of our band program. You
will also enjoy the optimistic atmosphere of our band's number-one
fan club – our band parents. You will quickly sense the caring and
sharing attitude that has become the trademark of this group. I urge
you to attend our meetings, become an active member of the various
committees, and join the ranks of the wonderful "Band Boosters" who
ensure our students are at the front of life's parade.

Personal regards,

Fredrick Lange
Director of Bands

P.S.  If you are unable to attend the meeting on the 12th due to
religious reasons, we will be holding a meeting the day before
(Tuesday, September 11, 7:30 p.m.) in the band room at DHS.

Fred Lange
Director of Bands
Davis Senior High School
Davis CA 95616