[Dhsbb-jazz] 1st Band Boosters Meeting Info

Choy Family cjchoy at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 16 13:33:24 PDT 2007

Welcome Band Parents,

  For those of you who were able to attend one of the two Band Booster Meetings this month, thank you.  If you still have the volunteer form at home, remember to send it to Peter Matlock as soon as you decide if you are able to do one or more of the positions.
  For those of you who were not able to make either meeting, we hope your knowing the Band Booster Meeting dates more in advance will help you free the evening up (Band Booster Dates are listed on this month’s newsletter which is on line).  The following is an abbreviated agenda of the meeting so we can catch you up with the information.  We also have attached the Band Boosters Volunteer Positions Form.  The form is meant to be filled out by 1 or 2 parents.  We encourage all parents to stay involved in their son or daughter’s band experience by becoming involved in Band Boosters.  Please carefully consider if you can take one or more of the positions on the form and send in the form to Peter Matlock.

  We hope to see you at the concerts and meetings.
  Mike Choy and Peter Matlock

  I.          Fred Lange intro

  II.         Peter Matlock
              A.        Purpose of Band Boosters
                          1.         All bands receive a total of ~$700 for the year
                          2.         BB Objectives:
                                      a.         Financial support to provide funds to run educational and
                                                  “high-enrichment” music program
                                      b.         Provide logistical support to Fred for trips, performances,
                                                  etc.
                                      c.         Participate in ways to make band experience and band trips
                                                  more affordable to your student, and to provide funds so
                                                  that no student is excluded from participating due to
                                                  financial concerns.
              B.        Elected positions
                          1.         Secretary – minutes at BB meeting, position open
                          2.         Treasurer – Rick Hoover
                          3.         Vice President – Peter Matlock – also Jazz Band Liaison
                          4.         President – Mike Choy
              B.        Start election

  III.       Mike Choy
              A.        Overview of the positions/committees
                          1.         Importance of participation
                                      a.         The $700 for all 3 bands does not come close
                                      b.         More jobs than parents
                          2.         Immediate needs are the coordinator positions
              B.        Individual 1 minute talks by coordinators
              C.        Final remarks – Mike Choy
                          1.         Approving $4000 advance to Mr. Lange for music/instruments
                          2          Final general questions
                          3.         Turn in Volunteer Form or send to Peter
                          4.         Meeting adjourned
                          5.         Individual questions to Coordinators/Officers