[Dhsbb-jazz] New Orleans

Fredrick Lange fllange at dcn.davis.ca.us
Sun Sep 16 15:34:52 PDT 2007

Dear Jazz Band Parent

It was almost one week ago that we met to discuss the proposed Jazz
Band tour to New Orleans this Spring.  If you will remember I asked
you to contact me if you felt you could not support this trip either
philosophically or financially.  I asked you to do this on or before
Monday, September 17.

Thus far I have had 2 responses and have taken the concerns of these
parents VERY seriously.

Tomorrow is this deadline and if you are going to oppose us pursuing
this, please contact me.  I will be home tonight (Sunday) and plan to
be home tomorrow night as well.  I welcome your discussion, and/or
support.

IF I DO NOT HEAR FROM YOU, I WILL ASSUME YOU ARE SUPPORTING THIS
ENDEAVOR.

I will contact you on Tuesday with the results and let you know if
this is in our future!

Fred

PS     You may, or may not be aware that the Jazz Band together with
the Jazz Choir will be presenting a few selections at Back-To-School
Night, this coming Thursday, September 20 at approx. 6:45 pm.
Students should arrive at the band room by 6:15 for warm-up and set
up.  I have asked them all to wear a white collared shirt and black
slacks.

Fred Lange
Director of Bands
Davis Senior High School