[Dhsbb-jazz] Band newsletter by email

Susan Hulsizer susan.hulsizer at comcast.net
Fri Sep 21 09:13:26 PDT 2007

Hello Jazz Band Families,
    As we make preparations to send out the band newsletters, we are collecting the names of families who do not want a paper copy of the newsletter mailed to them. Of course we want all band families to get the newsletter, so we will plan to mail a copy to your home unless we hear from you. We will also e-mail a copy through this listserv, so check to see if you can read the attached September newsletter. The newsletter is a pdf file, you can download a free copy of the pdf reader directly from Adobe at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

   The electronic version has some distinct advantages: the photos are in color, it's delivered quicker, it has hot links to web pages, and you can find it later. Also, by not having a paper copy delivered to you, you will save paper and band booster funds, up to a dollar an issue. Let us know if you do not need a paper version of the newsletter. Send an e-mail to the editor at susan.hulsizer at comcast.net with your name and mailing address and say "no mail newsletter" in the subject line. If you were on the "no mail" list last year and want to save paper again, thank you, and please send an e-mail as well.

   I look forward to working with you this year.

Susan Hulsizer, editor