[Dhsbb-jazz] FW: steph' jazz list

Fredrick Lange fllange at dcn.davis.ca.us
Sun Sep 30 16:29:09 PDT 2007

Hello All

I just got home - spent the weekend at a music conference.

First, thank you all for all your hard work in this event.  This
certainly is "ground-breaking" and promises to be a lot of fun!

It is so IMPRESSIVE to see how many people are signed up to work the
festival!

I do have a few questions, however.

1) I notice most of the Jazz students signed up to work and will
certainly ask that they all take a shift.  What else should I be
doing with this list?  asking students from other bands (and if so,
what can they expect from their help)?

2) I see one thing that may have been overlooked, and that is getting
equipment from DHS to the sites and back again.  Just for the big
band we will need to have a keyboard and amp, bass amp, drum set, and
25 music stands (I assume there is power for the electronic
instruments and a PA).  I cannot get this myself and have no vehicle
that can carry it.

Also, is any additional equipment needed for the Natsoulas Stage?  Do
we need to supply that location as well?  (keyboard, drums, stands?)

Maybe this is all covered but I don't have this info and will need to
get people into the music building.

Fred