[Dhsbb-jazz] help earn $ for SOM at the Valley Oak Carnival

J. Hamaguchi jhamaguchi at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 16 20:56:28 PDT 2008

Dear Music Parents,

Brenda Cameron (a Harper Band parent) is running the 2008 Valley Oak Carnival fundraiser - the last one for Valley Oak before the school is closed this June.  In an effort to allow the Valley Oak parents to enjoy this last event with their children, Brenda has structured the budget to "pay" for volunteer efforts that will benefit the DSOMA Save-Our-Music Campaign (SOM) and other local nonprofit orgs.  You and your Jr. High & High School students can help raise funds for the SOM campaign by volunteering as parent-student work teams:
  a.. Assemble your team and sign up to work the full three-hour shift (4:45-7:45 pm) on Friday, June 6, 2008
    a.. Volunteers are needed to run the games and hand out prizes.  No money handling involved - all players will be wearing wrist bands.
    b.. All volunteers must work the entire 3-hour shift in order to earn donation dollars for SOM.
    c.. Two people are needed to run each Carnival game.  Work crews can be one Parent (to supervise) plus one or two Jr High School students or two High School students.
    d.. Each team will earn donations of $25-30 per person for the 3-hour shift
    e.. 50-60 volunteers will be needed to run all of the Carnival games.
    f.. If you sign up, you must show up and work at the Carnival - we need your firm commitment.
    g.. Please sign up by April 23, 2008; email your response to jhamaguchi at sbcglobal.net (you will receive an email reminder)
    h.. Families with band, orchestra and chorus students are invited to participate on behalf of the SOM campaign.
This is a fun way for music student to take part in the Save-Our-Music campaign and to support their own music education programs.  If 60 music volunteers sign up to work at the Valley Oak Carnival, together we can earn $2,000 for the SOM campaign while providing for a fun-filled farewell event for the Valley Oak families - not bad for three hours of fun and games!

Hope to hear from you soon,

Joyce Hamaguchi, President
Harper Band Boosters
757-6336