[Dhsbb-jazz] More $ Events for DSOMA Save Our Music

J. Hamaguchi jhamaguchi at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 16 21:11:52 PDT 2008

Dear music parents,

More fundraising for our beloved music programs!  Have you noticed?  As of today, DSOMA has raised $60,380.25.  Lots of ways to contribute - check them out below...Joyce Hamaguchi (757-6336)

Note from Lisa Nelson, Co-President of DSOMA (lnel at pacbell.net)

The Save Our Music! (DSOMA-SOM) account continues to grow, but we still have a long way to go to reach our goal.   So please don't wait to contribute, there are so many ways we can be effective right now:

1 - Send contributions to our P.O. Box 1305, Davis, CA   95617   (the yellow flier provides this information).

2 - Go to the DSOMA website, and use the PayPal feature.... funds deposited through PayPal go directly to the Save Our Music!  program.
Go to: http://groups.dcn.org/dsoma and use the yellow Donate button, once you're on the site.

3 - SOM the eBay way.  See our website for directions: http://groups.dcn.org/dsoma/ebay-auction-donation-instructions

You know you have items around your house you would like to donate.   This is the way to do it!    Find items of a $25 minimum value and complete the donation form with a description:

    http://groups.dcn.org/dsoma/forms-and-documents/SOM-AuctionDonorForm-Flyer.pdf

Arrange for a pick up by contacting egclubb at pacbell.net , or take your items directly to:
TWRF Creative in Mansion Square,
132 E Street, Suite 170,
Davis (530) 756-7567.
Their hours are Mon & Tues 10-2, Thurs & Fri 11-5, Sat 11-4.
Tell them you want your items counted towards the Save Our Music! campaign.

4 - Save the Date:   Sunday May 4 at 5:30 - 7:30 for a wine tasting event at Osteria Fasulo 2657 Portage Bay, in West Davis
A fundraising event of music, fine wines and delicious appetizers in support of Davis schools music programs - Enjoy a few hours at Osteria Fasulo, with appetizers by master chef Leonardo Fasulo, wines from the exclusive Satyr's Pond and the Morrison Family Wineries, and music from a selection of our students' small ensembles.

Contact Betsy Elzufon at 753-7679 (betsye at lwa.com) or Mary MacDonald at 750-2402 (mfilet at comcast.net) to reserve your space with a donation of $35 to DSOMA-SOM, the umbrella fundraising group for support of all Davis school music programs.

Please pass this message on to ALL SUPPORTERS of Davis Music programs - Choral, Strings, and Band.
Donations will go to the 2008-09 elementary music program, and to preserve teaching positions for Mr. Moreno, Mr. Zinn, Mr. Quick and Mr. Brucker.

One more fundraiser to benefit SOM:  Holmes Car Wash on May 3rd- see attached flyer