[Dhsbb-jazz] SOM the EBAY way!

J. Hamaguchi jhamaguchi at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 23 06:30:17 PDT 2008

Message from Jenny Decker of the DSOMA-Save-Our-Music Campaign:

We have just the next couple of weeks to the May 15th deadline to bring in the last $100,000 to save music in the fall.

Here is another way to help out the SAVE OUR MUSIC! Campaign.

GOT STUFF? (that you want to get rid of) If you have things around the house that you would like to donate, it could help SOM! A pick
up service will be available on Saturday April 26. You can also drop off you items at TWRF Creative.

Detailed instructions and donation forms can be found at: http://groups.dcn.org/dsoma/ebay-auction-donation-instructions

Remember, to stop the Music Teacher's pink slips becoming layoffs, we need to have raised the money by May 15. Money raised after that date will continue to help, but we would like to have the four pink slips that went to Mr. Moreno, Mr. Zinn, Mr. Quick and Mr. Brucker rescinded and keep the elementary program intact.  By having the $200,000 in the bank before May 15th, classes will scheduled for fall rather than be cut and teachers will not be reassigned.  If we wait until  June or the summer to raise the full amount, it will be too late to save the music program as it exists today.  If you login to http://groups.dcn.org/dsoma you can see our current fundraising progress and make a donation through Paypal!