[Dhsbb-jazz] Fw: URGENT: please respond: Jazz Band carpools for this SATURDAY--Delta Jazz Festival in Stockton

J. Hamaguchi jhamaguchi at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 2 08:53:11 PST 2008

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Nancy Hatamiya <nhatamiya at comcast.net>
To: Joyce Hamaguchi <jhamaguchi at sbcglobal.net>
Cc: Fred Lange <flange at djusd.k12.ca.us>
Sent: Tuesday, December 2, 2008 8:44:03 AM
Subject: URGENT:  please respond:  Jazz Band carpools for this SATURDAY--Delta Jazz Festival in Stockton

Dear Parents:

I'd like to ask everyone to please respond to this email and let me know if
you are planning to help as a carpool driver, or arrange your own
transportation for your jazz band musician, or if you need a ride for your
student by this Thursday, December 4th, at 10 am.

We need drivers for the Delta Jazz Festival this Saturday meeting at the
band room at 8:30 am and leaving Stockton around 4:30-ish!  I also need to
know if you plan to stay for the Poncho Sanchez concert and if you are
willing to transport other students who might need a ride back to Davis
after the concert.  Also, if you are coming later, but may be willing to
drive students back to Davis, please volunteer for the one way trip!

I am attaching the forms again, in case you haven't sent in the permission
slip for your student to attend the field trip and the driver's form if you
are planning to help us with the carpool (don't forget a copy of your
insurance card, too).  Please make sure Mr. Lange gets these by this Friday!

I'll assign the carpools on Thursday and send them to Mr. Lange so he can
let everyone know on Friday.

Here are some of the notes from Peter Matlock's email:

1.  Trip permission forms, which must be completed and signed for EACH
student, and returned to Mr. Lange;

2. Carpool driver forms, which must be completed by each carpool driver,
along with a copy of the driver¹s auto insurance card‹these must be given to
the carpool coordinator.
These forms are updated from last year¹s forms, and I assume they are still
valid.

The DHS Jazz Band and combo will both be performing at the Delta Jazz
Festival on Saturday, December 6.  The Band warms up at 3:00 PM for a 3:30
PM performance.  The combo must be there earlier than 10:30 AM to prepare
for their 10:55 AM performance, and all students are expected to be at Delta
College by 10:00 AM to hear the combo perform.

The combo should leave Davis no later than 8:45 AM (8:30 is better).  All
other Band members should meet in the DHS Band Room at 8:30 AM to meet with
Mr. Lange and connect with your carpool/driver, for a departure no later
than 9:00 AM.

Those students taking SAT's in the morning should plan to arrive at Delta
College no later than 2:00 PM.

All students are encouraged to bring a bag lunch, as snack facilities at the
college are limited.

Once the Jazz Band performance is complete, students are free to return to
Davis, as the awards ceremony is optional and the Junior Prom is the same
evening.  There is an evening concert (see link below).

Please be prepared for revisions to this information to be provided by Mr.
Lange.

Students will receive a wrist band for entry to school group performances, a
noon concert and the clinics (1:00 for drums and piano; 2:30 for sax and
bass).  Parents and chaperones need to buy an admission pass at the box
office ($10).

Tickets for the evening Poncho Sanchez performance cost $25 - $35:

http://www.deltacollege.edu/div/finearts/jazzfest/index.html
<http://www.deltacollege.edu/div/finearts/jazzfest/index.html>

San Joaquin Delta College is in the north part of Stockton--count on just
over one hour for the drive.  Directions: South on I-5, exit at March Lane,
drive east on March Lane, turn left on Pacific Avenue and drive north to the
entrance at Yokuts Ave.  See this link:

http://www.deltacollege.edu/info/general/map/directions.html
<http://www.deltacollege.edu/info/general/map/directions.html>

Additional Information:

Last year, the following information was provided by Delta College--I assume
it is the same this year:

Percussionists: must bring cymbals, complete hi-hat and bass drum pedal
Bassists and guitarists: bring your own 1/4" patch cords
Delta College is in session--we are requested not to disturb classes
No food or drink allowed in the theater or classrooms
Students must not congregate outside the warm-up or performance areas.

Thanks for your help!

With kind regards,
Nancy

--