[Dhsbb-jazz] Congratulations!

Fredrick Lange fllange at dcn.davis.ca.us
Sun Dec 7 10:17:11 PST 2008

Congratulations to all our Jazz students and parents.

The results are in from the Delta Jazz Festival and are as follows:

**********

DHS Combo (Isaac Bunch, Chris Hunt, Neil Heaton, John Miller):

Third Place overall and a nice trophy for the bling!

Outstanding Soloist awards to Neil Heaton and Chris Hunt!

Scores = 87, 85, and 84
***********

Big Band:

Fourth Place overall (no trophy)

Outstanding Soloist awards to John Hatamiya and Kevin Choy

Scores = 94, 92, 92  ---- and we achieved our goal of straight
Superiors and now we can submit for Monterey.

*************

Hugs and Kisses and all your Holiday wishes to all the parents who
helped out on Saturday.

Peter Matlock for initiating and organizing the info and getting it
sent our from Buffalo, NY, inspite of a real sadness in his life.

Nancy Hatamiya who did a stellar job organizing the rides.

Ema Miille for doing the practice sheet thing.

All the kids who played so superbly in the festival, were on time,
listened to the other groups perform and shared a great musical
experience.

********
My only sadness was that some parents needed to be called again and
again to confirm their students' traveling arrangements.

Please, everyone, when we send out an email requesting a permission
slip, or drivers, or .... PLEASE respond -- even if the answer is NO.
Going to a festival like this requires a lot of GROUP COMMITMENT, and
this really becomes a headache for the organizer.

In case I don't see you soon, Happy Holidays to all of you

Fred Lange