[Dhsbb-jazz] Great News!

Fredrick Lange fllange at dcn.davis.ca.us
Thu Feb 7 17:49:08 PST 2008

You have probably heard already, but the DHS Jazz Band has been
chosen to compete in the Monterey Jazz Festival, "Next Generation
High School Jazz Competition to be held April 4-6 in Monterey,
California.

Audition tapes were sent in late January and judged by a panel of
judges from the Berkelee School of Music in Boston, Mass. Only 12
bands from across THE NATION were chosen.  This will mark the 8th
time DHS has been chosen for this competition (and, in passing, we
have been chosen EVERY time we have submitted an audition.)

Congratulations to all our great band students.

Fred Lange