[Dhsbb-jazz] Monterey Jazz Festival: Next Generation Festival, April 4 - 5

Peter Matlock matlockpeter at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 23:35:53 PST 2008

Dear Jazz Band Parent,

  As you know, the DHS Jazz Band was selected to perform at the Monterey Next Generation Festival April 5.  This is a huge honor--like going to the national finals (ps--remind our School Board of this accomplishment!).  This list of participating bands is at the following link (note some groups are coming from Japan, Czech Republic and Australia):

  http://www.montereyjazzfestival.org/NGF/

  We plan to carpool to Monterey on Friday, April 4.  The Band competes on Saturday (time to be announced).  We are planning on staying Friday night only as a group, although anyone is obviously welcome to stay longer.

  Students will be staying at the Portola Hotel:

  http://www.portolahotel.com/

  I understand this is where the NGF is held.  Cost per room is $144 per night (pre-tax), split four ways.  This figure may be modified, but plan on this for now.

  Six rooms for accompanying adults and chaperones have been reserved.  Adult rooms are $199 per night (pre-tax).

  WE NEED CHAPERONES!  Please let me know if you are available to chaperone by Friday, Feb 29 (rooms must be matched with the final names or surrendered).

  WE ALSO NEED A CARPOOL COORDINATOR!  Same story...

  More details to come later.

  Peter