[Dhsbb-jazz] Not so fast...

Fredrick Lange fllange at dcn.davis.ca.us
Sat Mar 29 18:14:48 PDT 2008

Band students and parents

Thank you all for your responses to my email this morning.  I am so
pleased to have all of you "brainstorming" this problem.  There has
been quite a bit of support for locating an alternate place to
rehearse on Monday and Wednesday nights to prepare for Monterey.

Here is what I know and what we might be able to do...

1) both the choir and band rooms will be busy with auditions after
school and in the evenings all week long.

2) I KNOW the theater is busy on Wednesday night with All-City
Elementary Band concert.

3) I think stage is probably busy on Monday night (with dance
auditions for Jazz Choir)

4) Mr. Moreno is trying to set up a meeting to discuss the music cuts
and remedies and will probably try for the MPR.

5) I would VERY MUCH like to rehearse - ANYWHERE!

On Monday morning I will try to get the MPR for Monday and Wednesday
evenings.  I don't know if it is being used for adult school or
whatever.

I think we should also try for one of the Jr Highs.  If we try for
Holmes, Emerson or Harper we will need entrance to the room and
hopefully use of a drum set and piano.   Harper would be the easiest
- closest for drop off of equipment, parking, and Mr. Bower lives
nearby.  (Both Mr Quick and Mr D live out of town).  Actually the DHS
MPR would be the most difficult - moving equip across campus, no
piano, no stands, etc.

I would appreciate any help you could give at this point contacting
the Jr High teachers or equipment moving or set-up.