[Dhsbb-jazz] Fw: "Save Our Music"- Benefit Concert May 17 at DHS Performing Arts Building

J. Hamaguchi jhamaguchi at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 11 08:57:44 PDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: ANGELO MORENO

Hello all music families,
I want to highly encourage you all to attend our next big event to help "Save Our Music" in Davis. I have personally been planning this event for the past 2 months and can assure you that it will be a fun and entertaining evening for you and your entire family. We as a music community have come so far in this effort to support our music program in Davis and our goal is just in sight!  This event is one of the last big efforts that will take place right about the time of our deadline.  Please tell your friends and plan to enjoy a night of good food, fine wines, beer on tap by Sudwerk, and a line up of some of the areas finest musicians. All proceeds will go to Save Our Music campaign. See below for details:
Thank you all for your continued support!
Angelo Moreno-Orchestra Director

WHAT:               Joe Craven in concert in Davis
Where:       May 17, 2008 at 7:30 pm at DHS Performing Arts Building
The Davis Schools Orchestral Music Association (DSOMA) announced today that Joe Craven will be performing a benefit concert on behalf of Save Our Music (SOM), a combined community effort that supports raising the $200,000 needed to continue all Davis schools music programs in spite of budget cuts.
The concert is May 17 at the Davis High School performing arts hall. Doors open at 7 pm and the concert begins at 7:30 pm with a special opening act of "Elvis and the E-Men". Tickets are $35 each and can be purchased at Watermelon Music and at the door.  A taco buffet and no host bar will be held from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm in Davis Community Park for those interested in mingling with other music lovers before the concert. The dinner is $10 tickets are also available at Watermelon Music. All proceeds go to SOM to maintain Davis' outstanding orchestral, choral, and band programs for all Davis students.
Joe Craven is nationally and internationally known but lives and contributes to his local community of Davis. According to the Los Angeles Times "Joe Craven is virtuostic" and a "crowd pleaser" (The New York Times). Joe Craven is a madman with anything that has strings attached; violin, mandolin, tin can, bedpan, and cookie tin, to name a few.  Educator, former museum curator, visual artist, actor/storyteller, festival emcee and former 17-year vet for mandolinist David Grisman, Joe has recorded and played with many folks ranging from jazz violinist Stephane Grappelli to Grateful Dead Guitarist Jerry Garcia to The Persuasions.
 Learn more about Joe Craven at his website, www.joecraven.com.
 For more information, contact DSOMA at http:/groups.dcn.org/DSOMA. For tickets, contact Watermelon Music at 758-4010.
Contact info for release: Sarah Rock, 530-902-0959