[Dhsbb-jazz] Fw: We did it everyone!! Congratulations to you all!!!

J. Hamaguchi jhamaguchi at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 20 05:46:43 PDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: Greg Brucker
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2008 1:03 PM
Subject: Re: We did it everyone!! Congratulations to you all!!!

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to tag along to Angelo's great message and give you all a big heartfelt THANK YOU for all you have done to make this possible. It really has been inspirational to watch everyone do everything they can to help, and all of you contributed, whether in thought, spirit, energy, hope, action, or donation. What we experienced is what can come of true community action, and this is a great lesson for all of us in how to pro-actively and very positively create our future paths and ways for the benefit of everyone involved. I am beyond impressed with everyone in our orchestra programs, our band and choral programs, our parents, and extended music family that all put everything they could into reaching this phenominal goal. I've never been so proud to be associated with such an incredible group of students and parents, as we are a big orchestra family together. And a great many thanks to the parents on the front lines of this effort who are part of the SOM! Committee and DSOMA. Thank you all for your hard work and dedication to music in the schools. We couldn't have done this without you.

As well, I know many of you supported the DSF in thier great efforts, and I want to give you a HUGE thanks for being a part of the greater fundraising campaign. With the greater Davis community effort, an incredible goal was reached, and many teachers in all areas of study, and many programs will be saved due to your efforts. I couldn't be more proud to be a citizen of this great town, and be associated with all of its amazing and dedicated people. Thank you for supporting the greater cause and helping to bring back our librarians and elem science programs, and all the other teachers that will be able to be rehired due to everyone's efforts.

>From the bottom of my heart and all my soul, THANK YOU ALL for everything. I am indebted to this community and look forward to many many more years teaching music in Davis, and advocating for music in our schools, while supporting the general community.

Congratulations everyone, as this is our success together. Everyone made this possible, and we should be proud of what our greater orchestra family can do and become.

Onward and forward,

Mr. Brucker