[Dhsbb-jazz] Fw: Band Booster Measure W Phone Bankers Needed

J. Hamaguchi jhamaguchi at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 17 15:10:15 PDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Hulsizer" <mihulsizer at kern.org>
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2008 2:57 PM
Subject: Band Booster Measure W Phone Bankers Needed

Requesting Your Help as a Measure W Phone Bank Volunteer:

Thank you to all Davis Band Boosters, band students and band alumni who have
volunteered to work Measure W phone banks over the past 2 months.  At the
September 10 Band Boosters meeting we recognized the important of Measure W
and voted to endorse the initiative. We are making good progress in our
effort to educate Davis voters on the importance of Measure W. Despite the
state and national economic downturn, we have been encouraged by the
response of Davis voters to our message.  However, the work is not done.

I am writing to request your assistance in helping to make the final push to
Davis voters about the importance of voting YES on Measure W, by
volunteering as a phone bank worker.

The Measure W campaign has reserved phone banks at the Lyon Real Estate
offices all Mondays from 5:40-8:00 PM up to the November 4 election. Band
supporters have specifically been asked by the campaign steering committee
to fill these Monday phone banks. Again, please consider volunteering to
serve as a volunteer on behalf of the band program.

If you are able to volunteer your time as a phone bank worker, please reply
to this e-mail with a (10/20. 10, 27 or 11/3) that you are available. I will
provide a confirmation e-mail  to all volunteers with specific times and
locations for all volunteers to  report.

I look forward to your response and to making these early and vitally
important calls. Thanks for considering this request. It will take all of us
working together to make this happen!

Michael Hulsizer
http://www.yesforourstudents.org

--
This message was scanned by KCSOS and is believed to be clean.