[Dhsbb-jazz] Jazz Festivals

Fredrick Lange fllange at dcn.davis.ca.us
Tue Sep 30 20:39:38 PDT 2008

Hello Jazz Band members and family

I need to start planning for festival performances in this semester
and need to know which festivals in which we will be able to
participate.

The 2 in question are:  December 6 in Stockton at Delta College and
December 13 at Sac State.  Both have been on the band calendar.

Last year we had a good experience at the Stockton festival.  It was a
bit farther to drive but the atmosphere was really good, with good
facilities and judging.

We did not attend the Sacramento festival.

If we wish to be considered for the Monterey Jazz Festival, we must
receive unanimous SUPERIOR ratings at a festival before Feb 1.
Attendance at 2 festivals gives us a better chance of receiving those
ratings.

We can do both (maybe a good idea), or choose either, or neither.

I am asking your advice because it is very difficult to get a
consensus in a class when students don't know their parents' plans.

As usual, if we have one or 2 students unable to go it could mean that
we would not be able to participate, or we might do so without
"missing a beat."  (Bad joke) This all depends on which students are
in question.  Naturally, we are not the same band without ALL the
members present.

Could you all please check your calendars and let me know by Thursday
this week?  I will compile the information and make the decision by
Friday.

Your choices are:  1)  December 6 in Stockton ONLY

				2)  December 13 in Sacramento ONLY

				3)  BOTH December 6 and 13

				4)  NEITHER December 6 nor 13

Please reply to fllange at dcn.org with your vote!