[Dhsbb-jazz] Clarification of Medical form for Band Trip

JazzyHorns at aol.com JazzyHorns at aol.com
Wed Apr 1 23:09:43 PDT 2009

Hi all,
I realize the medication form for over the counter meds is a new  requirement
this year, and appreciate your patience with this procedure.

We need ALL pink med forms back so we know you have  attended to the form.

New this year is the requirement of a doctor's signature for
non-prescription medications.  This is a school district policy as mandated  by the state
education code.  Just as kids are not allowed to take Motrin  or Tylenol while at
school, the district views the band trip as a "5 day long"  day at school -
whatever rules apply on the DHS campus, apply to us while we  travel as the DHS
Band.

SO...............even if your child takes no regular medications, but you
want them to be able to take something if  needed for a headache, fever or
whatever might occur, then you must have a  physician sign the pink med form.  You
need to list the potential  drugs you want your child to be able to take while
on the trip,  and have  the doctor sign it  - with the  dosages recommended
for your child  listed (probably as directed on the package directions).  If
your child  should need any simple over the counter med while on the trip, we
can only  officially give them that medication if the pink form is in our
possession with  a doctor's signature.  We understand how cumbersome this is, and
that while  this is standard district policy, that it has not been well enforced
by other  groups either.  But we are a large visible group, and this year we
must  fall in line with their policy - thus the pink forms.  We passed out the
 packets earlier this week to allow a bit of extra time for this
complication.

If you don't want your child to be able to take anything while on the trip,
then just return the pink form anyhow with your students name at the top, so
we  know you have thought about the matter.

Remember, all meds will be collected from the students at check in, placed
in zip lock bags clearly labeled, and kept by Mr. Lange or his designated
assistants for the entire trip.   We will be carrying Motrin and  Tylenol, so
there is no need to pack those medications, even if you have listed  them on the
pink form.

Again, I apologize for this, but it is what we must do in order to take  this
trip.

Katie Horn
**************New Low Prices on Dell Laptops – Starting at $399
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220433304x1201394525/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubl
eclick.net%2Fclk%3B213540718%3B35046385%3Be)