[Dhsbb-jazz] Festival Results

Fredrick Lange fllange at dcn.davis.ca.us
Sat Dec 5 18:29:28 PST 2009

Hello band members and parents

As you have heard this was a very sobering day for all...

Everyone is safe and sound and that is the most important thing!

Tenaya and her family were part of the 33-car pile up.  All were taken
to the UCD med center and Tenaya and her dad have been released.  Her
mom has a broken knee (?) and is awaiting news about a cast or surgery.

Their car was totaled and so was Tenaya's sax.

Adriana Sandoval, the band director from Harper, and my aide for 6th
and 7th periods was also part of the accident.  Again a totaled car
but she is fine - bumps and bruises but no major damage.

Praise whomever is watching over us!!!

Festival results:

Combos:  2nd and 3rd place (Berkeley was first), but don't know which
was which, so we will need to get together on Monday to compare score
totals.

Blue Combo:  Outstanding Musician Awards:  Ryan Shickman, Isaac Bunch,
Neil Heaton, Chris Hunt -- ALL OF 'EM!!  John Miller would have gotten
one too, but he was stuck in the fog and accident.

White Combo:  no awards were posted when I left the site but they were
awesome.

Big Band:  2nd Place (Folsom 1st).

Best soloist at the festival:   Jon Hatamiya

Outstanding Musician Awards:  Jon Hatamiya, Neil Heaton, Kevin Choy.

This was a very difficult day for me -- I love all of my students and
worry terribly when any of them are in difficulty.

Fred Lange