[Dhsbb-jazz] Reno Jazz Festival Hotel

Choy Family cjchoy at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 8 00:32:30 PST 2009

DHS Jazz Band Parents,

Well, we are nearly sure we will be participating in the Reno Jazz Festival competition (April 23-25).  This event is a fairly large festival that includes big bands and combos from high schools and colleges.  There will be some great music that our students and some parents will be able to hear.

We are in the process of reserving hotel rooms right now.  Unfortunately, the Jazz Festival weekend is a big weekend for Reno and the hotel rates are not the typical cheap rates that I had expected (My home town is Reno).  We have rooms reserved at the Silver Legacy for 4/23 and 4/24 which is close to the University of Nevada where the Festival is taking place.  The rooms that we have will hold 4 students/room and cost about $250/room.  We can get a discounted rate (I do not know how much off) if we reserve 11 rooms or more.  Thus, I need to know how many of you plan on going to the Festival and whether you want to room at the Silver Legacy.

The specific information I need from you is:

1.     Do you plan on going to the Festival and how many of you are going?
2.     Do you want to room at the Silver Legacy?
3.     If only one of you are going and you want to room at the Silver Legacy, do you want to share a room with one of the other Jazz Band parent?

I need this information within the next couple of days, so please email me especially if you do want a Silver Legacy room.  If you plan to room in another hotel, I may not know specifics about the hotel, but I can tell you about the general area.

This should be a great event for our Jazz Band and I am looking forward to this trip.

Mike Choy