[Dhsbb-jazz] Playathon Volunteers

Horn, John A john.a.horn at intel.com
Wed Jan 14 22:38:02 PST 2009

Dear Band Parents:

The PlayAThon is fast approaching.  On Saturday, January 24th, your students will begin a 12-hour Playathon, during which they will play with the band for 45 minutes out of every hour around the clock.  From 7:30 until 9:45 pm, you can hear the various bands perform.  From 10 until 10:45, for a mere $25 (which goes into your student's account towards the band trip), you have the opportunity to bring your own instrument and sit in with the band or to conduct the band.  If you have never conducted, you should try it; its great fun!

Now, for some last minute volunteer opportunities.  During the concerts, from 7 to 9 pm, we will have a table with desserts and other goodies for the families to enjoy during the concert.  Anything left over will go to the students to munch on during their all-night vigil.  We still need a few people to bring those goodies-baked goods, soda, or ice in ice chests.  If you can provide one of these items, please let me know.

I, also, still need 2 to 4 people to sit at the table during the concert and oversee the food and the donations basket.  So if you are willing to help with this, again, let me know.

Thanks, Sandra

(530) 756-2759 eve
(530) 752-3642 day
sweisker at ucdavis.edu<mailto:sweisker at ucdavis.edu>