[Dhsbb-jazz] Coconut Grove Event

Choy Family cjchoy at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 21 00:35:26 PST 2009

DHS BB Parents,

You may remember last year's Coconut Grove event was exceedingly successful.  This is one of our events that includes students from our community - junior high school bands, Jazz Cats, Sax by Popular Demand.  It is a community builder.  The committee organizing this event has been working very hard to make the event as successful as last year.  However, we do not have enough people to run this event yet and we are asking for your help if you are not already signed up.

1.  We need more volunteers to help with very concrete jobs.  Most of these jobs do not involve a major committment and are very specific in the amount of time - help prepare hors d'oeuvres or desserts, clean up, etc.

2.  Offering products or service for the silent auction.  Possible items include baskets, weekend trips to a vacation home, etc.

3.  If your work for or know a business that donates money or products to nonprofit organizations, would you ask if the business would consider supporting us through this event.  One specific request is if you work for PG+E.

Thank you in advance for considering this request.  If interested, please contact Mike Coleman (coleman at cal.net) or Randy Chinn (katyzane at sbcglobal.net).

Mike Choy
DHS BB President