[Dhsbb-jazz] Playathon tonight!

Susan Hulsizer susan.hulsizer at comcast.net
Sat Jan 24 09:21:34 PST 2009

Hello all,
Just a reminder about Playathon tonight. Please remind your student to check in between 6:45 and 7:15 . The band room will be open from 6:00 to 7:00 if they need access. Please bring:

Instrument and Pep Band Music
Pledge Sheet
Collected Pledges (Checks to DHS Band Boosters)
Permission Slip (If not already turned in, some will be available there.)
Note from parent if the student will be leaving early.
Food to Share:     concert: juice or soda
                            symphonic: snacks
                            jazz: bottled water
Sleeping bag and pillow, if desired.
Games (label with your name) for break room.
IF a t-shirt was ordered and not paid for, bring $12 in check (DHS Band Boosters) or cash.

The students' food, instrument cases, games, sleeping bags will go into room M2, which is just south of the MPR. We need everyone checked in and ready to play (or listen) to the Concert band at 7:30.

There will also be snacks for the audience in the MPR.

If you plan to play with the band at 11:00, please bring your instrument. If you plan to conduct (it's fun, give it a try) we can loan you a baton. It's well worth the $25 donation. Just a reminder that all funds collected on the pledge sheets go directly into your student's account to pay for the band trip to San Diego. This is a great opportunity to allow those supportive friends and family a chance to help out.

We hope to see you at the 7:00 am concert Sunday morning, after which there will be some help needed with putting things away, including some sleepy teenagers and chaperones who need to be put to bed.

Thank you,
Susan Hulsizer and Sandra Weisker

Thanks to our sponsors: Cenarios Pizza, Woodstocks, Papa Johns, Steve's, Lamppost and Round Table; Common Grounds Coffee, Noah's Bagels, and the many parents who have donated supplies and time.
Thanks also to our dedicated nighttime conductors: John Cargile and Chris Weisker.