[Dhsbb-jazz] Thanks For a Great Coconut Grove!

Michael Coleman coleman at cal.net
Wed Mar 4 21:38:02 PST 2009

Thanks to all our volunteers for making this year's Coconut Grove an artistic and financial success.  Amazingly, despite the tough economy, this year we had record attendance.  We also had the most plentiful food ever, thanks to the extraordinary generosity of Bobby Coyote of Dos Coyotes, Nate and family of 2kThai, Mark Scribner of Uncle Vito's Pizza, and Aziz of Village Bakery.  Please support these wonderful Davis restaurants.  They are great supporters of our music programs.

Many of you volunteered to make appetizers and desserts or set aside some time to help us pull the event together.  Without all of you this event simply could not happen.  Thanks to you we'll be able to pay our student volunteers to help offset the cost of the San Diego trip, provide financial aid to all band students who need it, and even have a little left over to pay for the miscellaneous expenses that come with teaching three performing bands.

We especially want to recognize the hard work of our team leaders, Paula Yang, Helen Kado-Fong, John Weir, Mike Choy, and Sue and Dave Viguie.  They are a joy to work with and have made this, our second Coconut Grove, the best ever.

Randy Chinn and Mike Coleman, co-chairs

PS: We will have a debrief session next Tuesday March 10 at 7:30pm at Mike's home, 2217 Isle Royale Ln.  You are all welcome to join us.

PSS: We have a jacket that was left at the event.  If you're missing one, give Randy a call at 750-5054.