[Dhsbb-jazz] Fw: IMPORTANT_San Diego trip

J. Hamaguchi jhamaguchi at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 11 11:34:16 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Deborah Finley" <dfinley at dcn.org>
To: <dhsbb-symph at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us>;
<dhsbb-jazz at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us>;
<dhsbb-concert at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us>
Cc: <flange at djusd.k12.ca.us>
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2009 8:26 AM
Subject: [Dhsbb-symph] IMPORTANT_San Diego trip

1.  For the health and safety of all students and chaperones
attending our San Diego trip, we are requesting that everyone refrain
from using any scented, fragrant products while traveling on the
busses.  This would include perfumes, aftershave, colognes, lotions,
scented sunscreens, essential body oils, etc.

The impact that fragrances might have on others during the long,
enclosed bus trips outweigh any possible benefits.  We have multiple
members of our group with severe asthma, allergies, and migraines.
Medical evidence has shown that fragrances have the ability to
actually alter the flow of blood in the brain, effect our central
nervous system, trigger asthma attacks and worsen the symptoms by
decreasing airflow in the lungs.

We ask for everyone’s cooperation in our efforts to accommodate the
health concerns of our entire group.

2.  Reminder:  Please place all medications (prescription and over
the counter meds) in a zip lock bag labeled with the student's name
and turn in at the checkin table Friday morning beginning at 7:15 AM
and prior to 11:15 am.   All medicines should be in their original
containers.  The only medications students are allowed to carry are
asthma inhalers, insulin, epi pens, and glucagon.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to call.

Thanks,
Debbie Finley, RN
Parent Volunteer
530-867-1748