[Dhsbb-jazz] Fw: Please sign up for Nugget scrip and Safeway escrip to benefit the DHS bands. No donations necessary!

J. Hamaguchi jhamaguchi at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 12 08:49:51 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: Lynne Rumery
To: J. Hamaguchi
Cc: cjchoy at sbcglobal.net
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 1:24 AM
Subject: Please sign up for Nugget scrip and Safeway escrip to benefit the DHS bands. No donations necessary!

Hello, band families!

Did you know that you can support the DHS bands simply by buying groceries?  The Nugget Market scrip and Safeway e-scrip programs provide us with fantastic opportunities to raise funds for our wonderful bands.  And what makes these programs so terrific is that they require no more than 1-2 minutes of your time every once in a while!  There are NO monetary donations involved.  Here's what you need to do:

Next time you're buying groceries at Nugget, ask the cashier for a scrip application.  While he/she is checking you out, you can fill out the few lines on the application, designating Davis Senior High School Band Boosters as the beneficiary.  Simply hand this back to the cashier, and he/she will see to it that you are registered.  You then have the option of "loading" your card with a chosen dollar amount and presenting it to be scanned whenever you shop, or of simply keeping it in your wallet and using it alongside your credit card or cash every time you make a purchase.  That's it!  Nugget will donate 3% of your purchase amounts to Band Boosters.  It's truly something for nothing!  (It's important to know that if you lose a loaded card, all you have to do is notify Nugget, which maintains a record of the amount you have on your card.  Nugget will cancel that card and reissue you one with the same amount as the original.)   Also, you can sign up multiple family members, so that everyone has his/her own card.

Applying for the Safeway escrip program is also extremely quick and simple.  It does necessitate your having a Safeway Club Card.  With your card number in hand, simply visit the escrip website at www.escrip.com, click on the #1 option - "sign up",  follow the very clear instructions, and designate Davis Senior High School Band Boosters as your beneficiary.  (FYI, our ID number is "137316731, and our zip code is 95617.  You must type out "Davis Senior High School Band Boosters" exactly, in order for the system to recognize our organization properly.)  That is absolutely all you need to do!  Simply present your Safeway Club Card every time you shop there (as you've already been doing), and the band program will receive funds.  You do have to renew your registration every year with this program, by getting on the website and clicking "Yes, Renew!" - again, an extremely quick and easy process.  (If you have been signed up in the past, then, but haven't renewed your registration, please do take a minute to do this.)

While you are on the escrip website, you have the opportunity to sign up for other vendors (such as Macy's, Big O Tires, Outdoor Kids) and also can register your credit cards and ATMs, if you feel comfortable doing this.  Every time you make a purchase at one of these vendors or whenever you use your credit cards or ATM, we will benefit, also.

If you are already using scrip and have children attending other schools that are listed as beneficiaries, you can register Davis Senior High School Band Boosters as an additional beneficiary.  You are allowed up to three beneficiaries per scrip account.

Please don't forget to tell your family members to sign up, too.  Your loved ones can even be living outside of Davis and can designate our organization as the beneficiary for their scrip.

These programs have tremendous fundraising potential if we have strong participation.  We realize that you are being asked to open your wallets quite a bit these days; the appeal of these programs is that you are not being asked to donate your own funds.  Simply sign up and let the stores do the donating on your behalf!

Thank you very much for your time and attention.  I will be in the lobby at the upcoming concerts with both Nugget scrip cards and signup instructions for escrip.  Please stop by to pick up what you need and also to ask any questions.  Please don't hesitate to call or e-mail me, also, with any questions or concerns.  I'll look forward to seeing you soon!

With best wishes,

Lynne Gertmenian-Rumery
lynnerumery at gmail.com
753-4301