[Dhsbb-jazz] Fw: Save those Dirty cars!

J. Hamaguchi jhamaguchi at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 15 17:55:08 PDT 2009

To reply to this message:  Please email me Theresa at theresalucas09 at comcast.net and not the listserve.

----- Original Message -----
From: theresalucas09 at comcast.net
To: J. Hamaguchi
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2009 10:52 AM
Subject: Save those Dirty cars!

Hello Band Parents and students...

It is almost that time again.  This time I know your cars will need washing!  It is next Saturday, Oct 24th, across from Farmer's Market at the DJUSD parking lot from 9am-1pm.  It is an earlier carwash because of the Saturday Market and both of our Saturday carwashes will  be 9am-1pm(last one, Nov. 7th).  It is also the morning after the Homecoming game and the Dance afterwards.  Please make sure that your student is aware of this  obligation and responsibility if he/she signs up.  They will be expected to show up for their shift or will not be able to participate in the last carwash.  There are many students that want these slots therefore, they should be able to get them because it's for their benefit and their account.  Thank you for making sure this message is passed on.

I think the students are doing a great job and they should be able to pretty much have this run smoothly themselves.  However, we still do need parents to volunteer to help out and drive the cars onward and to be parked.  We expect a lot of people to leave their car and go to Sat. Farmer's Mkt.  I will be saving spots with orange cones for this specific need. So this carwash expecially will need drivers.  I need 4 more for the 9-11am shift and 3 more for the 11-1pm.  Thank you so much ahead of time for stepping up and helping out.  I am hoping to pick a student leader to encourage and move things on instead of myself.  This will be the plan.

Please email me back at theresalucas09 at comcast.net and not the listserve.  You can call if you need to.

Thanks so much!!

Theresa Lucas, carwash coordinator

757-1735