[Dhsbb-jazz] DHS Jazz Band trip

Choy Family cjchoy at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 29 00:33:24 PDT 2009

Jazz Band Parents and Students,
We have not received all the responses from you, but we have enough responses to make a final decision.  Although the Jazz Choir would be able to go on the New Orleans trip, the Jazz band has a number of conflicts and we have a significant number of students who would not be able to go.  Thus, we will not be going to New Orleans this year.  We would like to keep our interaction with the Jazz Choir strong, so we will still try to plan joint events with the Choir.

However, because our Jazz Band is a tight knit group where every member plays an important contribution, we still need to hold the Monterey Next Generation Festival dates 4/9-4/11) open.  This is still during the last weekend of Spring break.  We will be sending in an audition tape and will not hear if we are accepted until February.

See you at the Jazz Band Concerts,
Mike Choy