[Dhsbb-jazz] Carwash 9/12 cancelled

Choy Family cjchoy at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 8 22:15:35 PDT 2009

Band Booster Parents and Students,

I owe all of you an apology about the scheduled carwash this Saturday 9/12/09.  We need to cancel this carwash.  We had put in the request to the Davis School District at the beginning of the Summer.  I did not even think about the fact that the District would not give us the dates and it turns out they did not grant us any of our carwash dates (scheduling conflicts?).

I made the mistake when I failed to confirm the dates with the District before sending out the email requesting parent volunteers.  Theresa Lucas is our new carwash fundraiser coordinator and she has done a great job in starting the organization of the fundraiser.  She was not responsible for securing the dates so there should be no criticism of her role on this glitch.

We are trying to find new carwash dates and we will keep you informed.  Again, I apologize.

Mike Choy
DHS Band Booster President