[Dhsbb-jazz] Jazz Festival Information

J. Hamaguchi jhamaguchi at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 13 22:01:38 PDT 2009

NOTE - Correct phone number to contact Stephanie Hunt is 750-7824 or email desdhunt at comcast.net

----- Original Message -----
From: David Hunt
Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2009 12:45 PM
Subject: Jazz Festival Information

Dear Band Parents,

The third Davis Jazz Festival is on October 10th.  This is a day filled with music, art and friends.  The event is sponsored by John Natsoulas and the Downtown Davis Business Association and is a free event.  The way our musicians and the Band Boosters receive funding is through the sale of water and raffle tickets.

For us to do well it is essential that we have cool items to raffle. Please, help by contacting me about items that you may have to donate for the raffle. We are looking for small and big items.  We really could use a donation of a weekend at Lake Tahoe or perhaps a time share or airline tickets.  If you would be willing to contact local businesses to ask for their support and/or for raffle items please, contact me so we can work together. The more involvement we have the more our band students and band program will benefit.

We also need to encourage as many of our friends and colleagues and families to attend the Festival.

Your musician will have access to flyers about the Festival that can be picked up from Mr. Lange at school.  If every parent posted a flyer at work, at the sports club or visible place this would help spread the word.  Students will also have an afternoon to help posters in the downtown businesses.

We have three Saturdays, September 26th, October 3rd and October 10th arranged for our students to sell raffle tickets and perform at the Rotary Stage close to the carousel.  The hours that students work are credited to their account which is used to pay for this year's Band Trip.

Your help in supporting these pre-Festival events will benefit all of our bands. Please, contact me at 750-7824 or at desdhunt at comcast.net.

Stephanie Hunt