[Dhsbb-jazz] Fw: Farmers' Market Band Booster Table

J. Hamaguchi jhamaguchi at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 25 17:19:30 PDT 2009

September 25, 2009

Dear Band Booster Families,

We have been granted permission to have our students perform at the Farmers' Market on the Rotary Stage by the carousel and to have a Band Booster Table there as well so students and parents can sell Raffle Tickets and promote the Third Annual Davis Jazz Festival.

We need parents to man the table between 9:00 to 12:30ish on the September 26th, October 3rd and on October 10th.  We will provide the table, the flyers, postcards signs and musicians. But we need parents to help out.  Your students have had the opportunity to sign up for these days in their class at school so please, check in with them to see if they have already selected an hour and date.  It would be great if you could work with them.  We were looking at one hour shifts at the Table. Please, email me or call desdhunt at comcast.net or 750-7824.

Why are we doing this???   Because the Jazz Festival on Sat. October 10th which is a free event for the public brings a wide variety of musical groups to Davis and showcases our own Davis High School Jazz Band and combos.  But the only way we raise money for the Concert, Symphonic and Jazz Bands is to have a raffle.  As your student sells raffle tickets  he or she  not only promotes the Band Program, but earns money for their individual Band Trip Account which is handled by our treasurer.  So it is a win win situation for you and your student.

Bundles of Raffle tickets will be available for students at the Table on Saturday, September 26th at 9:00 a.m.

Stephanie Hunt
Band Booster Jazz Festival Chair