[Dhsbb-jazz] Fw: Jazz Festival Volunteers update Please post

J. Hamaguchi jhamaguchi at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 27 17:01:54 PDT 2009

Dear Band Families,

We had a successful Saturday morning at the Farmers' Market with the Blue Jazz Combo playing for two hours on the Rotary Stage.  Quite a number of Concert Band students passed out flyers and sold the first raffle tickets.  Thank you to Charles Alpers for helping out with the table and buying water for the Combo.

Please, respond to Janet Soto's email about picking up your student's raffle tickets to sell before the Jazz Festival.   There are a lot of awesome items to be raffled at the Jazz Festival on October 10th.  These include a weekend retreat at a cabin at Serene Lake by Soda Springs, a beautiful photograph by Howard Chew, an iPod third generation, two $100 gift certificates to the Artery, a Senior or Family Portrait Session with Dan Jones Custom Photography, a three month membership at the Davis Athletic Club, three paintings from the Natsoulas Art Gallery, a hand made quilt, a case of  delicious artisan old vine zinfandel from Amador County, vouchers to the River Cats, and gift certificates to many businesses such as Watermelon Music and Alphabet Moon.

I plan to post a final list of items by Friday, October 2nd.  If you have any items to donate or if you would like to help contact other businesses please, call me at 750-7824 so I can let you know which businesses have not yet been contacted.  Assistance in this area will be greatly appreciated.

Also, see the attached Festival Volunteer List for October 10th.  There are still spots for you and your student.

Sincerely,

Stephanie Hunt

Band Booster Jazz Festival Chair