[Dhsbb-jazz] Rent-a-Band Updates

Fredrick Lange fllange at dcn.davis.ca.us
Mon Dec 6 10:24:15 PST 2010

Hello Band Parents

I would like to update you on the latest Rent-a-Band events and
requirements. Today in Symphonic Band, I announced to the classes that
the Rent-a-Band students will be on Good Day Sacramento in a live
broadcast from the DHS band room at approximately 7:20 a.m. on
Tuesday, Dec. 7, and can be recorded on channel 31. The broadcast is
at 7:20, but all rent-a-band students are asked to attend and to be at
the DHS band room by 6:30 a.m. We will provide, hot chocolate, fruit,
bagels and juice.

Not only is it fun to be on TV, this is a wonderful PR opportunity for
the band. We will have the capability of not only advertising for rent-
a-band, but we can also ask for direct donations to the upcoming
Victoria trip. We would like the kids to understand that the TV
appearance will be a very beneficial contribution to the whole band.
The broadcast can also be linked to our Web site. Thank you for
encouraging the kids to sacrifice their sleep on Tuesday morning and
support our cause. Thank you, parents, for sacrificing your sleep to
get the kids to DHS.

Since this morning appearance offers another brief rehearsal, I have
invited students who were only able to attend one rehearsal to attend
this session and then be eligible for rent-a-band. In addition we are
in serious need of low part instruments. Jonathan Wardrip was going to
cover the 4th part, but he had an emergency appendectomy on Friday
morning. We wish him a speedy recovery. So if you play trombone, tuba,
bassoon etc, please come Tuesday and we will also include you as
members of rent-a-band.

As of Friday, we have about 17 gigs for kids to do. The first group
performed in Woodland at their annual tree lighting ceremony on Friday
night. Another group will performed at the Davis Commons on Saturday
afternoon, yet another group performed at the Gibson/Graf house party
on Sunday. Thank you to all who helped to get Rent-a-Band off to a
great start.

Fred Lange
Band Director

Maki Kuper