[Dhsbb-jazz] Monterey Jazz Festival

Choy Family cjchoy at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 9 14:48:30 PST 2010

Jazz Band Students and Parents,

Big congratulations to the DHS Jazz Band for getting into the Monterey Next Generation Jazz competition.  As Mr. Lange noted already, this is quite an accomplishment just to be accepted as one of the 12 schools.  The Jazz Band went 2 years ago and all the bands were outstanding.  I look forward to hearing our DHS Jazz Band and the other bands at this event.

This Festival occurs 4/9-11 (Fri-Sun).  We have mentioned it before, but we want to emphasize this Festival is occurring at the end of the DHS Spring break, so please plan your Spring vacation with this in mind.  We will assume all Jazz band students are going unless you get back to David Cross this week.  Peter Matlock has already reserved a block of rooms for us, but we may need to modify the numbers (Thanks Peter).  When the room rate is divided by 4, the amount per student will not be very much.  My best guess is that the Festival will cost in total about $150 per student.  If you have been hit hard by our economy, please contact Fred Lange to start the process for financial assistance by DHS BB.

We also need to know which parents are going to the Festival and whether they would be willing to go as a chaperone.

Please send in any responses to the above information to David Cross (daviddorseycross at yahoo.com).

Congratulations again,
Mike Choy