[Dhsbb-jazz] Sad news

Choy Family cjchoy at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 14 11:47:21 PST 2010

Jazz Band Students and Parents,

I believe many of you have already heard, but I want to let all of you know.  Richard O'Brien was involved in a tragic skiing accident yesterday and died.  At this point we do not have much information and I do not know what the specific things we can do to help Richard's family.  Lisa and Mike were away on vacation when the accident happened and are not in town yet.

Richard was a well-loved member of the DHS Jazz band and he graduated last year.  He was attending Whitman College this year.

I understand that DHS will have grief counseling available at the high school on Tuesday morning and I believe Davis Community Church, the Church that the O'Briens attend, is also helping.

As I hear more information on what we can do, I will let you know.  I know many of you have been very close to Richard and his family because they had been so involved with our school.

Mike Choy