[Dhsbb-jazz] Wow what an evening!

Fredrick Lange fllange at dcn.davis.ca.us
Sun Feb 28 10:41:12 PST 2010

This year's Coconut Grove is now history and congratulations to all
the parents, students and friends who participated in this glorious
event!

Special kudos to Randy Chinn and Mike Coleman - event chairs for the
3rd year - and two of the coolest guys ever.

All the musicians were amazing!

 From Holmes, Emerson and Harper Junior Highs we see blossoming
musicians who will be taking over in the coming years

 From Celia Cottle wer see even the youngest kids getting a
professional start (what would this town do without Celia?)

And from the DHS Jazz Band - man, you guys are awesome!

Students from the Symphonic and Concert Bands - although most of you
did not get the opportunity to perform, you did your work of
"waitering," "kitchening," and "bar tending" with great aplomb.  I
must say that I rarely get that kind attention at restaurants in our
area.

Those who set the room up - it was beautiful ... and to those who
cleaned up afterwards ... you worked so amazingly fast my head is
still spinning.

I know you are all tired today, but take a moment to bask in the glow
of a job well done.

Fred Lange