[Dhsbb-jazz] FW: note from Playathon Chairperson

J and J Hamaguchi jhamaguchi at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 25 13:44:56 PST 2010

Subject: Message for the listserve
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 13:11:15 -0800
From: SWeisker at UCDavis.Edu
To: jhamaguchi at hotmail.com

From: Sandra Weisker

Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2010
4:25 PM

The 23rd annual Playathon is in the books and was another rousing
success!  The students earned $3934, with more to come as pledges are
collected.

Students, you are awesome!  Thank you for an entertaining night of
music, not to mention your respect to your chaperones, your band, and your
school.  Parents, I hope you were able to hear the 7:30 am concert and
could appreciate that that was music they had sight-read during the night and
performed after hours of playing those instruments.  We have a talented
bunch of kids.

Parents, you are amazing.  Thank you all for your response to one
more call for your time, energy, and donations.  This band would not have
its many opportunities without the contributions of everyone of you.

I would like to thank a few key people:  Luci Schmidl and Jeanny
Park for organizing the check in procedures and recording all incoming
pledges;  Lynne Rumery for organizing the food and soliciting donations of
pizza, bagels, and coffee; Jeanette Natzle for organizing the breakfast and
clean-up crew; Dotti Egel coordinating the ordering of those cute sweatpants, Stephanie
Hunt for the publicity; and of course our fearless chaperones,  Peter and
Janet Matlock, Steve Theg, Sue Carriere, and to John Horn, Jeanny Park, Lynne
Rumery, and Mike Choy who were there all night long.

Thank you all,

Sandra Weisker

Playathon Chair